Here are my favorite things about writing a blog:
1. Instantaneous gratification after you've finished a post.
2. No writers' block allowed or "blog block." If you don't have something to blog about - then take time out to thank or link to all those other peer blogs who inspire you.
3. Freedom from an editor or story slant - although note, this never means your blog should be sloppy and not congruent.
4. E-meeting tons of other bloggers who are supportive and active in the blogosphere
5. Reaching out to potential readers and establishing a rapport.
6. Interviewing other bloggers
7. Writing anything keeps you creative and focused. It's too easy as a writer, to get lazy and not challenge yourself. Writing blogs keeps you challenged!
8. Hoping someone will comment on your blog. (Someone...anyone...Mom?)
9. Getting feedback that you're on the right track and you're helping folks view the world at a better vantage point.
10. Blog carnivals - they're fun and festive and you get to meet other like-minded folks!